Friday, August 5, 2011

Teacher matchbox - Tutorial

 

 

A couple of years ago, I made this cute matchbox for a teacher gift at school. If I recall correctly, someone had shared one similar to this that I loved – if I knew who, I’d share – if it was you, please let me know!

Anyway, here is the story in pictures of HOW I created mine!

I cut Real Red cardstock to the width of the die and long enough to cover the bottom of the matchbox; more real red to cover the tags section, and John Deere Green, oops, I mean Garden Green :) to cover the top of the matchbox. I neglected to make note of the measurements then, but if you have the die – that should, well, cover it! I taped those in place with painter’s tape – love that stuff!

I ran that through my Big Shot… 

on my messy work table…

being sure to photograph the love seat with

priority mail boxes on it – isn’t that lovely?

   

 

Then I took my now-retired stamp set – Tart & Tangy – but Fruit & Flowers (Item 122607) would probably work pretty well for this – and colored the apple with my markers,

 

 

…and punched it out with my circle punch (1 1/4)...

 

 

then I punched out the 1 3/8 circle of Garden Green, put Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back.

 

Notice I took the (retired) red gingham – but any red ribbon would work – see how I placed the dimensionals to allow for the ribbon? Unless you use wide ribbon, you can still do that :)

A FancyNancy thing – I rarely cut ribbon when I’m going to tie a bow around something like this – it keeps me from wasting a ton or two of ribbon – just one of my things!

I tied a bow around the matchbox’s closed edge (as opposed to the open ends where the matchbox full of chocolatey excellentness is waiting to jump out and straight into a teacher’s mouth)….

… and, finally – and probably most important to my educational peers, truth be told…. I tucked 4 miniature chocolates in there…

 

Now go grab your matchbox die, grab a couple of pieces of cardstock, some ink and ribbon, some dimensionals, and some chocolate…. and make a matchbox or two to give away.

 

Your teacher (or other) friends will love you for thinking of them!

No comments: