The Fine Print:
Copyright ©2015 Nancy Keithley. All content within this blog is shared for (non-commercial) inspiration only, unless I give permission to use elsewhere. Thank you!
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator since October 2003
Friday, February 29, 2008
1. I cannot chew gum in public - I pop, snap, blow bubbles - you know - generally REALLY anoying (and it annoys the heck out of me to see others do these things, or even worse, PLAY with their gum in public).
2. I tend to order the same thing when we go out to eat, depending on the restaurant - Pappadeaux? Shrimp Etoufee...On the Border? Pork Fajitas... Outback? the Special - small, baked potato, loaded....
3. I have a song for EVERYTHING - and I like to sing it (it's ok - I went to college on a vocal scholarship as a music major...which soon changed to elementary ed with a bilingual endorsement - but I still sing my way through life)
4. I was the youngest person in my graduating class - both high school, and, I believe, college.
5. I love watching (and reading) science fiction - Star Trek, in all its incarnations, and Star-Gate, in all its incarnations...
6. I love to reread and reread, and reread books....I am a fast reader with great comprehension, but seems like I pick up little details each time I reread something...
7. I am a night owl. If I don't have to work the next day, I will stay up until 2...3....4...even 5 in the morning...sleep awhile and then get up around 9 or 10 (in the morning). But since I absolutely loathe sleeping alone, I don't do that very often as I am married to the original morning person!
Now for the rules and who I am tagging.
The rules:Link to your tagger and post these 3 rules on your blog. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.I am tagging:
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
not in this lifetime, anyway...
so, don't waste your time, spammers...your post won't be approved here....God loves you and has a plan for your life....but it doesn't include my allowing you to mess with the blog here.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Just wanted to post this separately in case you missed the blurb about it in the middle of my huge post yesterday...
This is Sale-a-bration for Stampin Up - an annual celebration where for each $50 you spend on SU goodies, you get to pick a free item out of the special (yellow) SAB mini catalog!
See it here!
Have a great day - after being at my scrappin retreat all weekend and off yesterday to recover from it - ok, well, I *was* going to help my youngest daughter move to a different apartment, but hubby had a funeral to do out of town and he thought I deserved a day at home alone to play instead (bless his heart!)...so he took care of it - he didn't have to do much for her, but they needed his truck :)
(Good thing - I messed with stuff for school over 4 hours yesterday...nice to be needed, lol)
Monday, February 18, 2008
This first layout is of my hubby and I after the wedding, in our "Wedding Daze".
The poem on the right hand page reads (with my apologies to Clement C Moore):
‘Twas the night of the wedding and all through the hall
Most guests had departed, the group left was quite small
The tables were cleared by the busser who said
Two hundred twenty four guests to the tables he’d led.
The candles were guttering, wax melting like rain
And visions of bedtime seeped in my dazed brain.
And Bo in his tux and I in old sandals
Were pooped out and melting, just like the candles…
When here in the hall there arose such a sound
That to my swelled feet I attempted to bound
To help clean up the tables I crawled like a snail,
And hoped that I would not aloud start to wail.
Our friends who were helping weren’t nearly as slow,
And to my tired body this gave a warm glow.
When what to my unfocused eyes should appear
More things to pack up, I thought with a sneer.
But again our dear friends were so lively and quick,
They packed and they loaded ~ man ~ that was slick!
More quickly than Nascar they hauled all those things
And into my house all those things they did bring.
Now Donna, now Javier, now Gregily and Kim,
Garrett’s friend, Josh – I can’t forget him…
And Katie & Brandon,
they helped pack up, too
If they hadn’t pitched in
Well, what would we do?
On the couch, on the floor, on the table, in the hall,
Now dash away, dash away, dash away all.
And as all our helpers pulled out of my sight, I fell into my bed and thought, “What a great night!”
(And truly - we could NOT have pulled this wedding reception off without the help of Kim and Donna, their hubbies Greg and Javier, and our friend Don and his brother - I thank God for each of them! And I have to add that my youngest, Katie - in spite of having been at it all day fulfilling her duties as Maid of Honor - and her boyfriend Brandon - helped pack up at the reception and load the car before they headed back to College Station that night!)
Some other scrapbook layouts I finished this weekend, and underneath them, some mailboxes and hippo bank decorated with the SALE-A-BRATION rub-ons you might choose with any $50 purchase between now and March 17 - email me to ask about that!