Welcome once again to the SUSTARS Blog Hop!
You should have arrived here from:
Martha Lucia Gomez at: http://stampartpapel.blogspot.com
Below my shares, you'll see where to head next!
This sample is cased from the catalog, page 108. I used the Distressing Essentials kit to add the color to the textured cardstock (made that way with the Big Shot and the Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder). I used Crumb Cake cardstock and ink, and the distressing is Tea Stain from the kit. Chocolate Chip ink and cardstock and our new crochet ribbon were also used. The cardstock that I textured and stamped on is Naturals Ivory - hmmmm love that stuff!!!!
(I used sticky notes to mask the sentiment so I didn't stamp my flourishes over it!)
So, what does this card have to do with Thanksgiving or Thank you?
Well - at Thanksgiving, in my family, we share what we are thankful for - one of the things I am most thankful for are my friends - see the connection :) ?
Just to keep it totally kosher, though, I have a second project to share - an older Thanksgiving scrapbook layout I did with my club:
We have current paper that would sub great for what I used here - check out the mini catalog on page 13 - Autumn Spice - Item 120808 ($11.95US). The sentiment from Days of Gratitude on page 12 (Item 121148 in clear mount, 120835 in wood mount) would be perfect for the bracketed sentiment area. I placed the strips of Old Olive about 3 inches from top and bottom, and the strips of designer paper are 3 inches wide. I anchored my journaling strips with squares of Old Olive.
Next stop would be Miss Sassy herself:
Shirley Northey at: http://stampershirley.blogspot.com
Have a GREAT hop! I'm thankful you're here - and of course, your comments feed the soul - thank you in advance for your thoughts!
PS: If you get distracted, interrupted or otherwise lost during the Blog Hop, you can always come back to my page, start at the beginning or anywhere along the way. Thanks to Brenda for providing a repost of the complete list of the blogs participating this weekend.
1. Deborah Robb at: http://beantowngrasshopper.blogspot.com/
2. Mary Campbell at: www.mimitojett.blogspot.com
3. Angela Walters at: www.lifewithawienerdog.com
4. Angie Valle-Peters at: http://www.paperluxuries.blogspot.com
5. Barbara Furlong at: http://www.theloveofstamping.com
6. Brenda Hugar at: http://brendasstampingcorner.blogspot.com
7. Martha Lucia Gomez at: http://stampartpapel.blogspot.com
8. Nancy Keithley at: http://fancynancykay.blogspot.com
9. Shirley Northey at: http://stampershirley.blogspot.com
10. Raissa Spatola at: www.raissastamps.com
11. Diana Soling at: http://handmadebydiana.typepad.com
12. Jackie Watson at: http://jackielwatson.blogspot.com
13. Jane Hignite at: http://www.stampwithjane.com
14. Denise Foor at: http://denisefoor.blogspot.com
15. Monica Weaver at: http://www.addalittledazzle.com
16. Carolyn Sharkas at: http://www.inkingthenightaway.blogspot.com
17. Loni Holt at: www.loniholt.blogspot.com